10 Things I love about travel
This month’s travel linkup is all about love… here’s 10 things that I love about travel:
1. Waking up in the middle of nowhere and pinching myself that I’m actually there
2. Being surprised by creatures near and far
Whether it be a sloth climbing across power lines in Costa Rica.
Or a leopard staring for a split second along a tree, before darting away.
Or by how peaceful gorillas are in the wild.
Or by how caring baboons can be.
4. Seeing incredible architecture and wondering how humans ever managed to create it
Such as the Pyramids of Giza
Or the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood in Saint Petersburg, Russia (full mosaic’s inside and out)
Or Gaudi’s masterpiece – the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain.
5. Stumbling across festivals and markets
My first mini-trip in Prague that happened to be during Saint Patrick’s Day and the Easter Markets
6. Realising how much I can really handle
Whether it be ending up in multiple hospitals in multiple countries/continents… no photo for that one!
Bungee jumping over the Nile in Uganda.
White water rafting and seeing my life flash before my eyes when I lose my helmet in a rapid.
Or climbing beyond my wildest dreams to see a sunrise, despite my fear of heights.
7. Being able to reflect on fantastic memories, close my eyes and be right back there one more time
8. Sample incredible delights that the world has to offer in food
9. Having my eyes opened by people, cultures and events, past and present
9. Having those ‘Awww’ moments when you see incredible scenery that creates lasting memories
Of eating an apple as I stare across a lake at the Swiss Alps.
Of being scared S*#less of heights, yet climbing the stunning Machu Picchu Mountain and staring out over the ancient Inca city of Machu Picchu.
Of watching ice break away and fall from Perito Moreno Glacier, Argentina.
10. Making life long friends all around the world to hold in my heart forever
By now you can see how much I LOVE travel. I’ve learnt not to take any moment lightly, saviour it and learn from it, enjoy and remember it, forever.